Tension headache is the most common kind of headache. Tension headache usually starts at the back of your head and move forward, covering your whole head with a steady, dull pain.
Signs and Symptoms
- Tension headache starts at the back of your head and spreads.
- Dull pressure or a squeezing pain lasts from half an hour to several hours or days.
- Muscles in your neck, shoulders, and jaw are tight and sore.
- Aching usually continues through the day.
- Your headache does not feel worse if you move about.
When you feel tense, the muscles in your shoulders, neck, and jaw tighten up and press on blood vessels surrounded by nerves, making those nerves send pain messages to your brain. Causes include the following.
- Sitting too long or in an uncomfortable position
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Low blood sugar
- Food allergy
- Not enough sleep; not enough fluids
- Clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth
- Pain that originates from other areas, such as your sinuses
- Depression or anxiety
Integrative Medicine Treatment Options
We combine the best of conventional medicine with the best of complementary and alternative therapies to give you optimal results.
Here are some options we use at Alliance Integrative Medicine LOCATED IN Cincinnati, Ohio
- Herbal Therapies, Supplements & Medication
- Mind/Body Relaxation Techniques
- Energy Healing
- Medical Massage Therapy
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent
- Thai Massage and/or Thai Reflexology
Our tension headache patients come to us from Westchester/Liberty Township, Mason, Indian Hill, Hyde Park and Loveland as well as Springdale, Terrace Park, Blue Ash, Finneytown, Reading and from all across the United States.