“I’m so stressed.” Have you found yourself saying these words recently? With the conversations around this current election season, the winter holidays apparently starting before Halloween now, and the day-to-day expectations put on us or placed on ourselves, we’ve been hearing these words a lot from our patients.
However, these words alone don’t help us to understand how you are experiencing your anxieties. Symptoms can range from sleeplessness and muscle tension to fatigue and decreased libido. Other physical and mental manifestations of stress include:
- A racing mind
- Teeth grinding
- Muscle tension
- Elevated blood pressure or sugar
- Sugar cravings
- Weight gain
- A feeling of being overwhelmed or easily aggravated
- Heart racing
- Frequent colds/infection
- Night terrors
- Heartburn, nausea, bowel movement changes
Being aware of how you respond to your life’s pressures can help you deal with them in a healthy manner.
Even though many of us cannot escape our stressors, we can definitely learn how to modulate our bodies’ response to them. Treatments such as acupuncture, massage, and energy healing have been shown to reduce anxiety, including in those who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) 1 2 3. Talk with your AIM practitioner today about how you are experiencing your stress and allow them guide you to the therapy (-ies) that will help you most.
Reduce Your Stress Now!
In the meantime, check out some of these convenient tools found in our AIM store to help you reduce your stress today!
- Muse: This device helps you better understand when you are moving into deeper, calmer, more relaxing states of meditation and when you’re beginning to let your thoughts take control again. We love it and our patients love it! Check this out today!
- Essential Oils: We only use and offer the best essential oils available. Some of our favorite oils to help reduce stress include: Stress Away, Peace and Calming, Valor, Lavender, Frankincense and Lemon
- Personalized Bach Flower Remedy (available only to patients): Ask your practitioner or an AIM employee for a Bach Flower Remedy Questionnaire. Our office staff will help you set up a 15-minute consult to review your answers for only $25!!! It’s such a short appointment, many of our patients are able to get in that day! With the tincture costing less than $20, we find this to be a convenient and simple way to address acute stresses.
Don’t have time to come into AIM?
We frequently recommend these meditation apps for our on-the-go patients. Many of them are free to download!
- Insight Timer