Back-to-school preparation often coincides with back-to-sports training for many of our family members and ourselves. When we start a new school year, we are usually given a list of supplies that will help us to become great students. Here at AIM, we like to share with you our list of items to support yourself or the amazing athletes in your life (all products mentioned below are available in our Lifestyle Store):
Prepare Well: I never left the field saying I could have done more to get ready and that gives me piece of mind. – Peyton Manning
One of the best ways to prepare for physical activity is to work hard to maintain a healthy musculoskeletal system.
- Improve Your Structural Alignment
- CollaGen – This product helps to protect and preserve cartilage, tendons, ligaments, intervertebral discs, and fascia. The ingredients in this product support the natural healing process and maintain the structure of connective tissues.
- MitoCore, NiaCel and CoQ10 – Mitochondria are the energy producers, the power plants, of our cells, and muscle cells have the largest number of these organelles in them! We recommend that you support their function with the nutrients they need to do their job well.
- NutrEval – A test we run that assesses your antioxidant, vitamin, and mineral needs to help us optimize your mitochondrial health. Check out pages 6, 7 and 8 on this sample report to see how this is investigated.
- InBody 570 Evaluation – A complete body composition analysis tool that measures your basal metabolic rate, muscle, body fat, and visceral fat, as well as your body’s intracellular and extracellular water. In less than 45 seconds, the device measures the quantity (in pounds) of fat and muscle in each of your body’s segments so you can learn how body composition changes over time and accurately determine the minimum number of calories you need to fuel your body. The machine determines your body composition results using a low-grade electrical impedance. Users stand on the InBody scale for 45 seconds while holding hand electrodes — no pinching or discomfort. This data allows us to track your health and body composition in real time, and then devise a personalized diet and exercise plan.
Play Well: You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy. – Arthur Ashe
Once you begin to engage in activities, keep it simple, focus on the task at hand and limit your distractions – even those found within your cells. Eating foods high in sugar or artificial colors and preservatives only creates extra work for the body during the inevitable detox process. This increased workload requires energy, energy that will now not go to improving your athletic performance.
- Catalyte – This dye-free, low-sugar, vitamin-and-mineral-infused, sports-drink powder simply tastes delicious! We recommend it to all of our athletes as a replacement for their store-bought, sports drinks.
- Dale’s Raw Protein Bars – With greater than 20 grams of protein, these REAL-food protein bars are nutrient dense, but won’t weigh you down while you’re on the go. Stop by our Lifestyle Store to buys a couple different flavors and decide which one is your favorite!
Recover Well: It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up. – Vince Lombardi
Don’t let sore muscles or an injury talk you into quitting. Supporting the resting/healing phase after any physical activity is critical to becoming a better athlete.
- UltraMeal Advanced Protein – We have found this to be an amazing post-workout shake in regards to helping people maintain and increase their muscle mass.
- Soft Tissue Support Pack – This product only contains nine servings because it is meant to support the acute phase of healing after any connective tissue (tendon, ligament, or muscle) injury.
- Joint Complex (single dose) – With just one capsule a day, this product reduces inflammation and helps rebuild joints after a new or old injury.
- Schedule an appointment: We have found that regular treatments with Medical Acupuncture, Chiropractic Manipulation, Prolotherapy, Rolfing, Massage, and Rehabilitation have been very successful at maintaining and improving the athlete in each of our patients!