Taking proper care of your health is much more than just eating right and exercising. With current medical research, we understand that the body is a complex collection of organs and systems and even bacterial colonies (the microbiome) that greatly impact and interact with each other.
While the current standard of care hasn’t quite embraced most of this current science, conventional doctors and specialists are still treating parts of the body separately without taking into account the fact that all these areas greatly impact each other.
When you are healthy, these organ systems work together like a symphony in perfect harmony – and you have vibrant health.
But when one of these systems is out of alignment and off balance, the whole symphony is out of tune! When you need a “tune-up” so to speak, not only do you need to look at the areas that aren’t working correctly… but you also need to pay attention to the rest of your body to restore the balance.
Sadly, many patients receive medications to treat symptoms associated with a body part that “isn’t working” when in reality, it’s oftentimes a systemic issue that needs to be treated in a more comprehensive manner.
In addition, the conventional medical approach often doesn’t consider that each person is born with unique health needs: Based on their genetic factors, the environment they are exposed to in childhood, what kinds of bacteria populate their gut, as well as what they are exposed to as they grow up – each person’s body has a very unique health profile and path which means they need an equally unique diagnostic and healing protocol.
It’s no wonder people go from doctor to doctor and never find the answers to their illness. Conventional medicine is missing the mark when it comes to effectively treating many chronic illnesses caused by aging, environment and diet, hormonal imbalances, and food sensitivities because they try to treat symptoms with medication. In fact, we find with our patients that while they may share the same symptoms, they frequently suffer from very different imbalances.
That’s why at Alliance Integrative Medicine, we follow a Functional Medicine approach that incorporates advanced functional lab testing and relies on current nutritional science to help you rebalance , restore and heal back to health.
This in-depth approach is the only successful way of treating chronic disorders because most chronic illnesses have many causes.
Instead of simply addressing different symptoms across separate areas, Functional Medicine seeks to treat the underlying root cause – by evaluating lifestyle factors such as diet, environment and emotional health- thus identifying the trigger of the illness patients are seeking to heal, and helping to address this root cause.
Our Functional Medicine programs are a more comprehensive form of care (along with health coaching) to help patients learn how to upgrade their lifestyle – so they don’t remain stuck in the “chronic illness hamster wheel.”
Here are just some of the things we focus on in our program:
- We prioritize quality over quantity with our patients. We will only make a medical diagnosis after listening carefully to a patient’s medical history, reviewing testing, looking at lifestyle factors that are materially contributing to illnesses, then making a personalized recommendation based on each patient’s unique situation.
- Assessment, natural healing, and prevention are prioritized over wait-and-see treatment approaches.
- The most modern and advanced medical equipment available is used along with natural forms of healing like upgrading your diet and healing herbs or supplementation with fewer or no side effects.
- Patients are taught how to take a more active role in their own health and will learn up-to-date nutritional science & lifestyle modifications that can boost their health and overall wellness for a lifetime.
- Instead of relying on being prescribed medications again and again for temporary relief, functional medicine doctor Alliance Integrative Medicine and her team at Alliance Integrative Medicine diagnose problems holistically and arm patients with the modern tools for healthy living.
For 21 years, Alliance Integrative Medicine’s team has helped patients heal from life-altering conditions such as:
- Digestive Disorders (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease – GERD, heartburn, Irritable Bowel Syndrome -IBS, Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth -SIBO, Crohn’s Disease, Colitis)
- Autoimmune Conditions (Inflammatory Bowel Disease – IBD, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Multiple Sclerosis, Hashimoto’s Disease, Celiac’s, Crohn’s, Type-1 Diabetes)
- Hormonal Imbalances (Feeling “tired & wired”, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Polycystic ovary syndrome- PCOS, PMS, Hot Flashes, Painful Periods, Mood Swings)
- Metabolic Syndrome, Obesity & Dyslipidemia (High Cholesterol, Insulin Resistance, Cardiovascular disease)
- Energy Issues, Stress & Chronic Pain (Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia)
- Cognitive Issues (Subjective cognitive impairment- SCI/ Mild Cognitive Impairment -MCI, “Brain Fog”, Memory Issues, Alzheimer’s Disease etc)
Take The First Step On Your
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Alliance Integrative Medicine is right for you.