Our aim is always to let you know what WE can do for you and what YOU should be doing for you.
So, during this unprecedented time in all our lives here are some reassuring things we would like you all to know:
What are WE doing at our office to assist you?
- We are open for all of our “hands-on” visits as usual and would like to reassure you that we are taking every precaution we can in our office to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Keep in mind any of our treatments are very helpful for stress management during this time and can improve your resilience.
- We can still help with any medical problems you may be struggling with will continue despite the pandemic putting our lives on hold. We remain open to offer all our services to you for all non-COVID-19 related issues.
- We are checking the temperatures of all staff daily
- No one is working if they have known exposure to the virus (or any other sick person).
- Our staff we being vigilant with handwashing.
- Office surfaces are being cleaned throughout the day.
- Equipment used for treatments are being wiped down between patients e.g. tables, headrests, and armrest.
- We are spacing our appointments to avoid overcrowding and help maintain social distancing.
- Any patient visit that does not require a “hands-on” treatment can be converted to a HIPAA compliant telemedicine visit or phone call. Please let our staff know if you would like this as an option for any of your appointments.
- If you need a routine medication refill, we will arrange for this to be done as telemedicine visits or phone calls as much as possible.
- We are doing everything we can to keep our store well stocked and staffed to serve your needs.
What can YOU do to assist you?
- Please do NOT come into the office for any reason if you are having any symptoms that are flu-like and could be caused by the Coronavirus. These could be mild and may include fever, aching, new-onset fatigue, headache, nausea/diarrhea, and a cough. Please let us help you with a telemedicine visit for these symptoms. We will assist you in obtaining testing if indicated, as facilities become available this week.
- Please continue to do good self-care for YOU.
- Eating a diet with an abundant amount of fruit and vegetables.
- Avoid processed food as much as you can.
- Get enough sleep.
- Exercise daily.
- Practice social distancing and the guidelines recommended by the Ohio Department of Health. https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Practice a stress-reduction technique that works for you on a daily basis. Suggestions include meditation, mindfulness, guided imagery, yoga, prayer. An easy way to access some voice-guided meditations is on our website in the “change your life series” or at this link https://myhealingpartner.com/aim-music/.
Although there is nothing proven to help Coronavirus, here are some of the things we recommend to boost your immunity naturally for prevention:
- A vitamin D supplement. 1000 IU to 5000 IU daily. (levels need to be checked at higher doses.)
- Immucore 1-3 daily (Metagenics)
- Astragalus 2 daily (Standard Process)
- Moducare 2 twice daily (Thorne)
- Honey – local or Manuka
- Certain immune boosting probiotics
With the acute onset of any viral illness, the following may be helpful:
- Essential Defense (Metagenics )
- Andrographis as instructed (Metagenics )
- Viracid as instructed (Ortho)
- Olivirex 1-2 twice daily (Bio Botanicals)
- Zinc lozenges
- Vitamin C (preferably buffered) 1000 mg 2-3x/day (Metagenics )
You can access our online store here: https://wellevate.me/alliance-integrative-med#/
Here is more information from our previous blog: https://myhealingpartner.com/preparing-for-coronavirus/
We will get through this together.